: bound together by intimate social or cultural ties or by close economic or political ties close-knit families.
What is the meaning of close knit family?
The definition of close knit is connected or staying near, especially for a family. An example of close knit is a family that stayed in one town. … Closely united or joined together, as by social or family ties.
What is another word for close knit?
What is another word for close-knit?
Is it close knit or close knit?
The adverb forms are closely-knit and tightly-knit. The comparitive forms may be closer-knit and tighter-knit, or more close-knit and more tight-knit. The superlative forms may be closest-knit and tightest-knit or most close-knit and most tight-knit.
How do you close knit?
Close-knit sentence example
- There aren’t many of us, and we’re all over the world, but we’re really close-knit. …
- Growing up in a close-knit family, she’s always placed a high priority on marriage and motherhood. …
- Although the Parrishes were a close-knit family, Jackson and Emily shared a special bond.
Is it important to have a close knit family?
The key to a close knit family is sticking together. A close knit family is always right there for each other. When children are born, the parents raise their little ones to be close and grow to love each other. They are always together and when you have seen one child in a family, they are always there.
What does strong knit mean?
: closely integrated and bound in love or friendship a tight–knit family.
What does the word clannish mean?
1 : of or relating to a clan clannish traditions. 2 : tending to associate only with a select group of similar background or status a clannish community.
How do you say very close?
Very close synonyms
- almost nearly, approximately. very close and almost.
- generally nearly. very close and generally.
- roughly nearly, approximately. very close and roughly.
- relatively nearly, approximately. very close and relatively.
- about nearly, approximately. very close and about.
- around approximately. …
- ballpark figure. …
How do you end a sentence in knitting?
(1) We are a very close–knit family and support each other through any crises. (2) The racing world is a pretty close–knit fraternity. (3) Events over the last year have created a close–knit community. (4) Close–knit communities have ways of enforcing such agreements.
What does a tight knit community mean?
used to describe a group of people who care about each other and who are very friendly with each other. We are a tight-knit community.
How do you build a close knit family?
5 Ways To Create A Close Knit Family
- Have Meals Together.
- If One Goes, We All Go.
- Let Them Build A Fort.
- We All Must Help Each Other.
- A Limit on Private Time.