Light #3 yarn is also sometimes known as DK and light worsted. This weight of yarn is usually crocheted using the US hook sizes 7 to I-9, which correspond to metric hooks of 4.5 – 5.5 mm. Light #3 yarn is perfect for creating crocheted light clothing, lacy scarves and fall hats.
What can I crochet with lightweight yarn?
Light Weight Yarn Crochet Patterns
- Cedar Creek Easy Crochet Shawl Pattern. The Cedar Creek Shawl is made with a lightweight yarn cotton blend. …
- Wrap me in Diamond Crochet Scarf. …
- Stillwater Shell Stitch Headband. …
- Diamond Clusters Crochet Cardigan.
What weight is size 3 yarn?
Get the FREE Printable
|Yarn Weight||Types of Yarn||Knit Gauge/Needle Size|
|#2||Sport, Baby Weight||23-26 sts to 4″ on US 3-5 needles|
|#3||DK, Light Worsted Weight||21-24 sts to 4″ on US 5-7 needles|
|#4||Worsted, Aran Weight||16-20 sts to 4″ on US 7-9 needles|
|#5||Chunky, Bulky Weight||12-15 sts to 4″ on US 9-11 needles|
Can you make a blanket with size 4 yarn?
Yarn Weight #4 (Medium, Worsted or Afghan) Crochet Patterns
Medium weight yarn is perfect for summer blanket throws, scarves and home decor.
What should a beginner crochet?
22 Quick & Easy Beginner Crochet Patterns
- Moss Stitch Crochet Scarf.
- 1.5 Hour Beanie Crochet Pattern.
- 5-Hour Baby Blanket.
- Decorative Crochet Potholders.
- Reusable Cotton Balls or Spa Scrubbie.
- Quick and Easy Crochet Cowl with Fringe.
- Easy Market Tote.
- Easy Crochet Hat Pattern.
What can I crochet with size 1 yarn?
Category: # 1 Yarn Weight
- Crochet Colour Block Top Pattern. May 7, 2021 | Comments 13. …
- Crochet Sock Yarn Beret Pattern. …
- Crochet Shoe Flowers. …
- Crochet Lacy Infinity Cowl Pattern. …
- Crochet Heart And Sole Socks Pattern. …
- Crochet Pineapple Lace Shawl Pattern. …
- Crochet Colour Block Tunic Pattern. …
- Crochet Adult Zig Zag Top Pattern.
What ply is size 4 yarn?
4-fach is approximately 4ply, while 6-fach is thicker, more like sport or DK. In the UK, 3ply and 4ply are commonly sold as ‘baby’ yarns.
Is sport weight yarn a 3?
Sport Yarn This yarn knits to about 6 stitches per inch and uses a U.S. 3-5 needle. … The gauge is about 5 1/2 stitches per inch and is usually knit on a U.S. 6 needle. Worsted Weight This is what is often considered ordinary knitting yarn. The gauge is roughly 5 stitches per inch on a size 7 or 8 needle.
What can I crochet with size 4 yarn?
Free Crochet Patterns That Use Medium 4 Weight Yarn
- Isle Wave Wrap Free Crochet Pattern.
- Bobble Stitch Crochet Scarf Pattern.
- Neutral Chevron Crochet Blanket.
- Crochet Chevron Hat.
- Colorblocked Crochet Baby Blanket Pattern.
- Cozy Cardigan Crochet Pattern.
- Leigh Crochet Hat Pattern.
- Crochet Chevron Baby Blanket Pattern.
How many balls of yarn does it take to make a blanket?
Crunch those numbers, and know that you’ll have about 340 feet of chunky yarn in a single ball to yield a 30” x 50” blanket. The calculations will vary slightly based on whether you are purchasing a “super bulky” (6) or “jumbo” (7) yarn.
What can you crochet with 200 yards of yarn?
These are some great ideas for 200 yards of fingering weight yarn.
- Magic Geranium Slippers.
- Pink Cable Braid Headband.
- Izmir Hat.
- Swan’s Head Mitts.
- Rainbow Striped Knit Slipper Pattern.
- Petite Cabled Skirt and Headband.