Put a spool of thread on the spool pin. Wrap the thread around – to the right of the bobbin winder tension disk. Wind the thread clockwise around the bobbin several times. Put the bobbin onto the bobbin winder pin and push it to the left, towards the bobbin winder stop.
Why does my thread bunch up underneath?
Your Thread Tension Is Too Tight
Sewing machine manufacturers suggest that you don’t mess with your bobbin thread tension too much, but you should adjust your upper thread tension if you keep getting bunched up thread underneath your fabric. If your tension is too tight, it can pull your thread and break it.
Why does my sewing machine not pick up the bobbin thread?
If it is not in the correct position, the needle will not go down and pick-up your bobbin thread. … Also, make sure your bobbin is in correctly (not backwards) and that the upper tension disks of your machine are threaded correctly. Make sure the presser foot is up when seating the thread through the upper tension.
Where do you insert the bobbin after threading?
Installing Bobbin Case in Machine
Insert the bobbin and case in the machine with the pigtail facing up. Push on the bobbin case until it snaps into place. Leave 2 –3 inches of thread hanging free. When the machine begins to sew, the thread will pull up on the first stitch.
Why is the back of my sewing messy?
A: Looping on the underside, or back of the fabric, means the top tension is too loose compared to the bobbin tension, so the bobbin thread is pulling too much top thread underneath. … In this case, it might be necessary to loosen both the bobbin tension AND the top tension.
What does the number of stitches on a sewing machine mean?
On most modern sewing machines, the stitch length control indicates the length of a single stitch is in millimetres. So a length of 3.0 means each stitch is 3mm long (or just under 1/8″). Stitch lengths typically range from 0 to 5, but can be up to 7, depending on the machine.
What can you do with a mini sewing machine?
10 crafty things a mini sewing machine can do!
- A mini sewing machine can top stitch directly from a thread reel. …
- A mini sewing machine can sew around fairly tight curves. …
- A mini sewing machine can sew through two layers of stiffened craft felt. …
- A mini sewing machine can even sew through three layers of stiffened felt!
How do I change the thread on my sewing machine?
How to re-thread a sewing machine:
- Step 1: Fill the bobbin. Place the thread on spool pin (A) and cap it with the spool holder (if applicable). …
- Step 2: Thread the machine. Note: It is best to thread the machine while it is turned off. …
- Step 3: Insert the bobbin. …
- Step 4: Draw up the bobbin thread.