: bound together by intimate social or cultural ties or by close economic or political ties close-knit families.
What is close family knit?
The definition of close knit is connected or staying near, especially for a family. An example of close knit is a family that stayed in one town. … Closely united or joined together, as by social or family ties.
What is the meaning of close knit brief?
Close-knit things are intimate, like a close-knit community where everyone knows each other’s names and people look out for each other. Awww. The adjective close-knit is perfect for describing a group of people who are socially close.
Is it close knit or close knit?
The adverb forms are closely-knit and tightly-knit. The comparitive forms may be closer-knit and tighter-knit, or more close-knit and more tight-knit. The superlative forms may be closest-knit and tightest-knit or most close-knit and most tight-knit.
How do you close knit?
Close-knit sentence example
- There aren’t many of us, and we’re all over the world, but we’re really close-knit. …
- Growing up in a close-knit family, she’s always placed a high priority on marriage and motherhood. …
- Although the Parrishes were a close-knit family, Jackson and Emily shared a special bond.
What’s another word for close knit?
What is another word for close-knit?
Is it important to have a close knit family?
The key to a close knit family is sticking together. A close knit family is always right there for each other. When children are born, the parents raise their little ones to be close and grow to love each other. They are always together and when you have seen one child in a family, they are always there.
What does strong knit mean?
: closely integrated and bound in love or friendship a tight–knit family.
How do you end a sentence in knitting?
(1) We are a very close–knit family and support each other through any crises. (2) The racing world is a pretty close–knit fraternity. (3) Events over the last year have created a close–knit community. (4) Close–knit communities have ways of enforcing such agreements.
What is a tight knit community?
used to describe a group of people who care about each other and who are very friendly with each other. We are a tight-knit community.
How do you build a close knit family?
5 Ways To Create A Close Knit Family
- Have Meals Together.
- If One Goes, We All Go.
- Let Them Build A Fort.
- We All Must Help Each Other.
- A Limit on Private Time.
How do you use close-knit family in a sentence?
(1) We are a very close-knit family and support each other through any crises. (2) The racing world is a pretty close-knit fraternity. (3) Events over the last year have created a close-knit community. (4) Probably, in a close-knit community the negative response of this family has influenced the uptake of the test.
Is close-knit adjective?
CLOSE-KNIT (adjective) definition and synonyms | Macmillan Dictionary.