Determine your focal point and then choose your paper. If you’re using several photos for a spread as you plan your layout, then choose a scrapbook paper that is either solid or contains a small pattern. Otherwise, the paper will overwhelm the spread and the photos won’t be appreciated as much.
What kind of paper is used for scrapbook pages?
Acetate paper is a transparent paper that is commonly used in scrapbooking and card making. It’s mildew-proof, easy to cut, and inexpensive. Some pocket pages and page protectors (used to store and protect layouts, photos, ephemera, and more) are made with acetate as well.
Do you need cardstock for scrapbooking?
Cardstock is a staple in scrapbooking. One can hardly go wrong with card stock. … Even so, card stock is still used extensively to mix with patterned papers as they both work fabulously well together. It’s undeniably one of the must-have scrapbooking supplies.
What is the difference between scrapbook paper and cardstock?
The main difference between a sheet of paper and cardstock is its weight, fiber, color, finish and size. Patterned Scrapbook Paper – we have so many themes, colors, and patterns to choose from. Colored Cardstock – these are the most versatile stacks you will find.
What kind of paper do you use for paper flowers?
If you’re looking to create paper flowers, then I highly suggest using American Crafts or Bazzill Cardstock for the foundation of your flowers. Both of these cardstock companies create sturdy cardstock perfect for hand-cut or die cut flowers.
How do you print on cardstock?
- Create an origami duck (or goose)
- Craft seasonal cards.
- Craft Christmas and birthday cards, and even magnetic cards.
- Make a travel folio.
- Spruce up photo displays.
- Make some accordion-fold rosettes.
- Make your own envelopes to mail letters in.
- Make your own gift bows, tags, and embellishments.
What is cardstock used for?
Card stock is often used for business cards, postcards, playing cards, catalogue covers, scrapbooking, and other applications requiring more durability than regular paper gives. The surface usually is smooth; it may be textured, metallic, or glossy.
What is double sided cardstock?
Double-sided cardstock is scrapbooking paper with a solid color or pattern on one side and a different solid color or a second complementary pattern on the other side.
What is the best paper for scrapbooking?
The Best Scrapbooking Papers for Everyday Crafting
- Colorbok Designer Paper Pad. …
- Scrapbook Customs Burlap & Lace Scrapbook Kit. …
- Teacher Created Resources Farmhouse Chic Scrapbook Project Paper Pad. …
- American Crafts Cardstock Pad. …
- Mad for Plaid Designer Paper.
Can you use scrapbook paper for cards?
Use Your Scrapbooking Supplies
All scrapbooking supplies can be used for card making: Paper trimmer, glue, scissors, embellishments and any other cool stuff you‘ve picked up.
How do I know the weight of my cardstock?
How to Measure the Thickness of Cardstock
- Check the points on the card stock label — you may find a card stock point abbreviated as “pt.” Every point equals . 001 inch. …
- Divide the points by 1,000 to find the thickness or caliper. …
- Convert cover weight to points if the card stock label lists cover weight.
What is 110 lb cardstock used for?
This cardstock weight is typically used for index cards due to its sturdiness. It is more noticeably thicker, but can still be used for applications such as cutting, printing, and folding.