|Dimensions (Length by Width)||Amount of Fabric Needed for 1 Pillow Cover (Using 54-inch Wide Fabric with No Pattern Matching)|
|16 x 16 inches||1/2 yard|
|18 x 18 inches||5/8 yard|
|20 x 20 inches||3/4 yard|
|30 x 30 inches||1 yard|
How much fabric do I need to make a pillow case?
A finished standard pillowcase should measure about 22.5 inches by 31.5 inches, allowing for fill depth, seaming and an approximate 4-inch hem. One yard of 45-inch-wide fabric should be enough to make one standard case, if the material is preshrunk.
How much fabric do I need to make 2 pillowcases?
To make 2 pillowcases, you need:
- 2 yards (1.9 meters) of fabric for standard & queen size pillowcases (20″ x 30″).
- 2.5 yards (2.3 meters) of fabric for king size pillowcases (20″ x 40″).
How much fabric do I need for a queen size pillowcase?
Purchase 1 1/4 yards of 44-inch fabric for each queen-size pillowcase you want to make. Two pillowcases will require 2 1/2 yards of fabric. This pillowcase is made of one kind of fabric and is one-piece construction.
How do you make a standard size pillowcase?
How to Make a Pillowcase
- Cutting your fabric. Start by cutting two identical size pieces of fabric, that are each 29.5 inches long and 21 inches wide. …
- Fold fabric, iron, pin, and sew. …
- Repeat step 2 with the second piece of fabric.
- Pin the pieces together and sew. …
- Flip the pillowcase right side out and it’s ready to use.
How much bigger should a pillowcase be than the pillow?
Opt for a pillowcase measuring 1/2 to 1 inch longer than the pillow length and 2 1/2 to 4 inches wider than the pillow width, if you’re buying a ready-made pillowcase.
What is the coolest fabric for pillow cases?
One of the most popular pillowcase materials is cotton. It’s cool and absorbent to sleep on, comes in various thread counts, and is easy to wash. Although the most frequently used material for pillowcases, there are some downsides to having a cotton pillowcase.
What is standard size pillow?
Standard Size Pillow Dimensions
A standard pillow measures 20 inches by 26 inches. It’s a compact size perfect for sleepers who don’t change sleeping positions through the night. If you are a combination sleeper who tosses and turns in bed while sleeping, you may slide off the pillow, causing neck aches.
How many yards of fabric does it take to make a king-size pillowcase?
How Much Fabric For a King Pillowcase. If you own a king–size bed or giving a pillowcase as a gift to someone who does, then all you will need is about 1 1/2 yards of 45-inch fabric. This amount of fabric should make a 20 by 36-inch pillowcase.
How do I calculate how much fabric I need?
Figure out how much fabric you need with this formula:
- Width of fabric divided by width of one piece equals the number of pieces that fit into width (rounded down to the whole number).
- Total number of pieces divided by number of pieces that fit into width equals number of rows you need.
How do you hand stitch a pillowcase?
Steps on How To Hand Sew A Pillow Case
- Step 1: Decide on Fabric. Picking out fabric is the best part. …
- Step 2: Cut Fabric. …
- Step 3: Fold Fabric. …
- Step 4: Pin (Font and Back) sides Together. …
- Step 5: Sew. …
- Step 6: Cut off the thread. …
- Step 7: Use the Corners. …
- Insert Pillow.
How do you measure a pillowcase for a pillow?
How to Accurately Measure a Pillow Cover
- Remove the pillow cover from the insert / filler.
- Turn the cover inside out and lay on a flat surface.
- Measure from inside seam to inside seam (length + width) with flexible tape measure for a pillow cover size.